Recycle Bin option was introduced with Windows Server 2008 for easy recovery of deleted objects. It is a optional feature and one can enable if they need it. In windows 2008 we need to do it via Powershell commands but in Windows Server 2012, there is GUI option available.
Procedure to enable recycle bin in Windows Server 2012:
- Open “Active Directory Administrative Center” from administrative tools(or simply type dsac in RUN)
- Go to the domain where you want to enable recycle bin.
- Right click on the domain name and select Enable RecycleBin
- It will give a prompt to alert you that recycle bin can not be disabled once enabled. Click OK if you want to proceed.
- Wait for the changes to replicate and then you can start using it.
Hope this helps..