Till windows XP, taking a screenshot of active windows or a selected area is more than an easy task. You need to be familiar and always remember the key selection(Ctrl+PrintScn) to do that. These headaches are gone with windows 7.
To capture a screenshot in windows 7, follow the below steps.
- Get the required screen to top of all windows — essential for any screen capture mechanism 🙂
- Go to START -> RUN -> type “SnippingTool.exe”
- This will gray out your screen and launch the tool.
- Select the screen area that you want to screen shot and at the end of selection it will automatically converted to a image file and prompts you for saving.
- Before you save, it allows you to make any modifications to it if you want — like pointing some item etc.
I assume you felt this very easy. You can read more about this at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/products/features/snipping-tool.