Microsoft has announced Service Pack 1(SP1) beta for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta helps keep your PCs and servers on the latest support level, provides ongoing improvements to the Windows Operating System (OS), by including previous updates delivered over Windows Update as well as continuing incremental updates to the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms based on customer and partner feedback, and is easy for organizations to deploy a single set of updates.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta will help you:
- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
- Meet your users’ demands for greater business mobility
- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
- Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency
To download SP1, first your should register yourself at this LINK and after successful registration it will display the options to update your computer either via Windows update or ISO. The ISO contains the SP1 for both 32 and 64 bit architectures of Windows 7 and 64-bit version for windows 2008 R2.
Source : TechNet