Microsoft has announced 90 day free trail of Windows Server 2012 in their Azure environment. Per their description, you can deploy a windows server 2012 from their pre-built images and explore the features by just RDPing to the host.
I subscribed to this program today and here is what I got as part of trail.
If you want to try, follow the below steps.
Are you ready to try the Windows Server 2012 operating system in minutes with no test hardware required? Without downloading an ISO or VHD file or installing anything, you can be up and running in just a few steps.
Step 1 – Sign up for a FREE 90-day trial of Windows Azure
- In a few short steps, enable your trial and get access to all of the Windows Azure services at no cost or obligation
- The trial allows you to create several Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machines on our Windows Azure public cloud.
- Join the thousands of others easily and efficiently experiencing Windows Server 2012 on Windows Azure.
Step 2 – Deploy a Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine from our gallery of pre-built test images
- With a few clicks, deploy a clean image from our gallery in just minutes.
- Use Remote Desktop to manage your new virtual machine just like you would a physical server.
- Test and evaluate Windows Server 2012 features on your fully functional virtual machine.
- With Window Azure Virtual Network, securely link your new virtual machine to your data center, allowing it to interact with your existing resources.
Step 3 – Learn more about what you can do with Windows Server 2012 on Windows Azure
- Watch a quick demo on how to create and manage Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machines.
- See how easy it is to manage a Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine on Windows Azure
- Connect your new Virtual Machines to your existing data center using a virtual private network.
- Learn how to customized virtual hard disks running Windows Server 2012 and quickly deploy them on Windows Azure
Continue the conversation!